Using RF Messaging Operations for Troubleshooting
Do your RF guns sometimes get stuck in a loop after losing network connectivity or battery changes? You are certainly not alone. The good news is that newer versions of JDA RedPrairie WMS make it pretty easy to get back on track.
The good news is that newer versions of JDA RedPrairie WMS make it pretty easy to get back on track.
If you find yourself with a RF gun that keeps recovering to the same place, move to a workstation with the desktop RedPrairie client. Search for RF Messaging Operations. This screen enables supervisors to send messages directly to RF guns. This functionality is very useful for communicating with associates who may be unavailable on phones or walkie-talkies. In addition, it can send a “reset” message to RF guns.
If you cannot find this screen, you may need to contact your help desk or administrator. Ask them to confirm whether your version uses MTF_SERVER to manage RF guns. If your RedPrairie version does use this process, they will either need to grant you access or help you with the following steps.
- Find your stuck RF device in the device list or find the user ID in the user list.
- Select the Display and Shutdown message type from the message type drop-down list.
- Enter an optional message for the user to see before the RF gun resets.
- Select Send Message
If you have successfully sent a message, the stuck RF gun should display your message within a few seconds and shut down after you confirm. When you re-connect, the gun should start from the home menu.
Hopefully this advice helped your team get back to work! If you have any other questions or would be interested in production support for your JDA RedPrairie environment, contact our experts today.
- Avoid Common Warehouse Automation Pitfalls by Optimizing Your Processes - August 20, 2021
- How AI & Machine Learning Will Transform Supply Chain Management Through Software-Driven Automation - August 12, 2020
- 5 Shipping Software Implementation Strategies to Minimize Risk - May 28, 2017
- How to Reset a Stuck JDA RedPrairie RF Gun - August 29, 2016
- 5 Ways WMS Can Help Your Mid-Sized Business - October 1, 2015
- Why Mobile Bluetooth Printers Won’t Work with JDA WMS - January 26, 2014
- Is the Java Process Hurting RedPrairie WMS Performance? - January 17, 2014
- RedPrairie WMS Discrete Performance and SQL Server - February 15, 2013
- Printer Management in RedPrairie Discrete WMS - January 29, 2013